Don't Keep The Bad Apple

, , 4 comments
Humans can be so beautiful.








One bad apple can cause hate for an entire orchard, but we need to get past that.

Let go.

I will be the first to admit that after leaving religion I became bitter with the world. I couldn't understand why people would put religious practices before anything else. I couldn't grasp the idea that they were being taught to judge others, yet to be like Jesus. And they were 
okay with it.

I was so upset with humankind. I wanted everyone to skip church for a day and go learn something from someone who was completely different than themselves. I felt like a little kid who just wanted everyone to get along and be friends. But the thing is.. 

There comes a time when you have to throw those bitter feelings away.
There comes a time when you have to accept others before you can be accepted.
There comes a time when you need to focus on the good things about humankind and move on.

I am thankful for the wonderful people I've met throughout my life, religious and nonreligious, and the ones I will meet in the future. I want to high five every single person who has gone out of their way to help somebody. It really is the most beautiful thing to me, to see humanity and not just humans. We all have something to learn from each other. 

It's just so incredibly beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was totally thinking of that movie while typing this.

      Delete
  2. Adri, Adri, Adri. My sweet girl. It has been so long! It was so good to see your comment. Thank you for your words. It means so much to read those kinds of things. You look like you're doing so well. You have such a beautiful way with words and writing. You have such a good spirit, and that shines through your blog. I love you, as an individual, and you bringing attention to loving people regardless of beliefs or sexual orientation or ways of life is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you sweetie. I read your comment twice because it was so nice. Seriously, if you ever need anything, please let me know. My heart ached reading about the things that happened to you recently, and I am so impressed at how strong you're being. Especially by you writing about it! That is something I really admire.

      Delete

Blogger templates