Time Travel

, , No Comments
"We're all traveling through time, together, everyday of our lives... All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable life... I just try to live everyday as if I have deliberately come back to this one day, to enjoy it. As if it was the full, final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life." - Tim Lake, About Time

There are countless days and seconds and moments I wish I could go back in time. I think about how much happier I would be if only I had done something differently, how much more meaningful something might be if I had said something differently, how much better things would be if I had just changed that one tiny detail.

That's so silly.

The funny thing about people is how we all tend to jump to conclusions. We are always thinking about the things we could have or should have done immediately after something not-so-good happens. Well. Could have and should have are already gone. Whether we like it or not, we have already lived that teensy tiny part of our lives. It's over. Just like the moment when you just barely read that last sentence. It's over. There we go again. Another moment gone.

So why is it so common to insist on perfecting our pasts?

As a girl who has had plenty of one on one time with anxiety, I think I just discovered an almost-cure: There's no turning back. Never ever ever. And that's how it's supposed to be. There's no skipping forward, either. And that's just how it is

So do you want to be happy? Really, contently happy? Stop living where you are not supposed to live. 10 minutes ago? Not where you're supposed to live. 5 years from now? No. And I'm not saying to never acknowledge your mistakes or plan your future. 

Just remember that you're in your own little moment right now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates